Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas #2 Sober

Christmas #2 sober. I didn't think that was possible. When I came into the rooms of AA, I was broken, full of anger, hurt and empty inside and out.
I never thought I would enjoy the holiday season let alone be willing to share it with anyone.

Last year I was full of fear, fear of picking up, fear of not being able to handle the holiday, fear i woul go back out. even though I had worked the steps and I had 110% given my life to the care of my higher power - my lack of faith came out in fear.

This year, is different in that I do not have the lack of faith. I have all my character defects coming out sideways. how grateful, that I get an blessing and an opportunity to ask my higherpower remove my defects of character so i can be connected.

I have a sponsee who I haven't heard from in 48 hours. for the last 4 months I have heard from her every single day. I pray for her care and protection.

I am fortunate to be sober, I am blessed, I am serene.

No comments: