Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

I am cuddled up on the couch, with my laptop, an episode of CSI, my partner, and 2 cats at 8:30 on New Years Eve. I am so happy and relaxed and grateful to feeling comfortable in my own skin, relaxed on this New Years Eve. We went to a lovely resturant and came straight home with the snow falling and cars starting to slide, we both just wanted to be home.

Expectations are so different today than in the past. I am just happy to be alive right now and I don't ever remember feeling that way. I was always searching for something to get me to that place of happieness, but I had no idea what being happy was. Man oh Man the thousands of dollars wasted in therapy because I didn't know what the heck was wrong with me.

I don't have to live that way anymore, and I live in today. How very nice.

2007 had a lot of ups and downs. I bought a business which travels to AA confrences, work my current job, moved in with my partner, continue to raise a teenager, am very active in AA locally, started volunteering in the jails, made new friends, lost others, studied the big book, took on a new sponsee, got new sponsors, started a new meeting, laughed a lot, cried more than I have cried ever, lost my cat of 15 year, who I still miss dearly, got a new kitten, a new MINI van - yes, I said MINI van, for the business, said I love you to my mother and father, made amends to people who i never thought I would see again, held babies, went to funerals, had knee surgery, and I am sure I could keep on writing more and more and more.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I just know, today was beautiful and my higher power took care of it.

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comment.

Happy New Year.

hpydstny said...

Happy New Year and I enjoy the comments and writing the blog. Have a great day!