Sunday, December 30, 2007

Living Sober

Last night we went to see Cirque de Soleil Jungle Dreams. WOW - it was amazing. The last time I saw Cirque was about 4 years ago in Las Vegas. I was still drinking and I was a wreck. I couldn't wait for it to be over, I couldn't enjoy my time there, I was pre-occupied the entire time. I don't remember much of it at all, and I certainly can't remember what the show was.

Last night I remember all of it. Every color, every sound, the music and smile on my partner's face and most of all, how it felt to be absolutely amazed! The time just flew by. I didn't want it to end.

What a difference living a sober life can be.
A small voice in my head told me remember - they told you it just gets better and better. All of those AA's who came before me, reminded me this when I first came around. I never understood how, and I certainly didn't believe them. Thank God it does get better and better. And thank God for AA

No comments: