Sunday, January 6, 2008

Full week of the year

The first full work week of the year. Last week, I was hard pressed for motivation to be at the office, and then had a run in with a customer who has got to be the most difficult person I have had to deal with in my career of technical customer service. I have a good career, infact a fantastic job which absolutely meets my personality, and for a split second I was ready to walk away from all of it. Simply walk away, drop off the key card and call it a day and go home. I was over it. I simply was beaten down enough for the very last time. But you know what happened?
I stopped, I prayed, I muted the phone, and I ---- yes I---- apologized to this customer just because my tone was so harsh. The conversation wasn't really any better, but I felt better.

She proceeded to write the ceo and blast me, but hey, that's ok, the outcome really isn't mine anyway. On the flip side, i got to do something good for a sweet lady in Florida who is changing computer systems, lost her husband, last year, daughter walked out on her during christmas, and who has supported my career for 7 years! So, I put someone on a plane and sent her a technical expert on behalf of the company I work for. So, I might get yelled at from customers who have no earthly clue what human kindness is, but I can give it back 100% to people who are living it one day at a time in gratitude.

I like the gratitude much better.

My daughter is home today, after a long vacation with Grandma. My partner, daughter and I went grocery shopping, We all agreeed and haven't fought yet today. God provides so long as I don't direct the show.


Happily trudging.....

:o)

No comments: